Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Yeh I felt it"

"A 4.0 earthquake centered in Alamo along the Calaveras Fault shook San Francisco and the East Bay Friday night.

The U.S. Geological Survey reported the quake at 9 p.m., four miles northwest of Danville and seven miles south of Concord in Contra Costa County. It was felt as a sharp rumble that lasted about seven seconds. An aftershock, measuring 1.9, followed shortly after.

The light quake halted BART trains (Bay Area Rail Transit) for about five minutes. According to the U.S.G.S., the quake had a depth of 10.1 miles, and residents as far away as San Jose and Stockton reported feeling a jolt."

So I was actually chillin' smoking a doobie when the pussy little quake hit, I mean I felt something. What i felt was pretty weird and I'll admit my heart fluttered for a second but a 4.0 is on the small side of the scale. Its funny though later on in the night on the 12 o'clock news they were asking people "so how will you prepare for a bigger earthquake sir/mam?" Come on, how the hell do you prepare for an earthquak. They just happen nobody knows when or where, they just go down, idiots. Apparently when I was one or so a 7.8 earthquake went down in san francisco and a few peeps died and shit. I wish I could remember it because it sounds pretty gnarly. Anyway, good times.

No comments: