Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Scagnetti's top 5 most epic tracks

5: The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning by The Smashing Pumpkins


This song truly rocks socks. The bass line near the beginning makes me want to smash my head through bulletproof glass everytime I hear it. It has also been used in Batman & Robin (easily the worst Batman film ever) and the highly anticipated Watchmen Trailer. Its a shame the movie it was first used in wasnt as awesome as this song.
Joel Schumacher gives us our well deserved apologies.



4: Where Is My Mind by The Pixies



This song gives me goosebumps. One of those only songs you can listen to 1 billion times and never get sick of. The lyrics rule, the riff rules, the movie Fight Club it was used in rules & I'ts probably the only song thats been used over rolling credits that doesnt leave you feeling awkward with a retarted grin on your face walking out of the cinema not knowing what to do with your hands.

3: Perfect Day by Lou Reed



This is a song you would either want played while you are O.D'ing on heroin and falling through the floor, going head to head with a semi trailer in slow motion or at your own funeral. This is great music.

2: In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins



This song was written whilst he was going through his divorce and apparently he was real pissed about it all. This was very very close to being my number one. If the song was as intense as the 5 second drum beat 3 minutes 20 seconds in it would have easily gotten there.When I break up with someone I'm going to make sure this song is playing in the background. If there was a video clip I could remake starring myself this would definetily be it.

1: Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd



This was easily my number 1 pick and easily my favourite Pink Floyd song. This is probably the closest to perfect a song can get. The guitar the lyrics and everything else are flawless. It's written about ex band member Syd Barret's turn into a recluse. Each verse blows my hair back.In a perfect world all music would be this good & we wouldnt have to listen to some pre-buscent little dipshits singing about playing ping pong.
Please play this at my funeral.

What are your top 5?

No comments: